C++ Gameplay & Network Programmer
The Gameplay and Network Programmer is responsible for analysing, developing, and evaluating
large-scale, complex online games. This person will negotiate requirements with 1st and 3rd parties to
integrate these systems. The Gameplay and Network Programmer has broad knowledge with
engineering sciences and who follows international engineering trends and technologies.
- Design, implement well-engineered, secure, reliable, maintainable, and bug-free applications and systems
- Integrate online services into games.
- Develop and maintain networking systems on different gaming platforms.
- Develop and document technical coding
- Integrate existing client/server systems with 3rd party platforms
- Identify technical, security and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions
- Optimization of data and packets sent between the game client and the game servers.
- Follow best practices, processes, and systems standards
- Keep up to date on state-of-the-art methods, practices, and technologies
- Other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent professional experience
- Minimum four-years of engineering experience
- Strong C++ skills required
- Strong understanding of multi-threaded and asynchronous programming.
- Familiarity with Platform and cloud-based services and engineering development
- Knowledge of low-level networking libraries and systems (curl, REST)
- In-depth knowledge of game development and programming languages
- Knowledge of live game services such as: matchmaking systems, statistics tracking, friend
- Solid MySQL, Cassandra, Java, Python, and XML knowledge and experience
- Understanding and experience of external tools such as Confluence, Jira
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent critical and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of PC, Xbox and PlayStation consoles and SDKs. Experience developing online features
that interact with the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live is a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrates characteristics to work respectfully and effectively with all levels of employees, as
well as internal and external customers and vendors, to achieve mutual goals.
- The ability to handle multiple projects and work in a fast-paced environment while remaining calm
and positive under pressure and always meet tight deadlines.
- Must have excellent attention to detail, accuracy, use good judgment, prioritization skills and be
able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Ability to evaluate data and information to make business decisions.
- High degree of professionalism and interpersonal skills; ability to interface at all levels within the
organization and external contacts.
- Self-directed; team player, takes initiative, proactively addresses problems; can work with minimal
- Results driven with high energy, desire to overachieve and constantly test and learn.
Please send your resume to email@example.com.